Summer in Amsterdam. Hurry, it’s over before you know it. Summer in Amsterdam only takes 3 months: June, July and August. What can you do in the Summer in Amsterdam? Go shopping, visit Museums, take a sightseeing tour or … go to a festival! Enjoy the sun take an (expensive) beer and listen to the music. There are hundreds of festivals in the Summer. Don’t know where to go? Take a look at the following list. It, hopefully, makes it bit easier.
Big festivals in Amsterdam
- Nomads Festival – 23 June
- Awakenings Festival – 30 June
- Gaasper Pleasure – 28 July
The best festivals in the Netherlands
- Pinkpop – 15-17 June
- Zwarte Cross – 12-15 July
- A Campingflight to Lowlands Paradise – 17-19 August
- Bospop – 14-15 July
- Appelpop – 7-8 September
Festival close by Dutchies
You can also go to any of these festivals in the Westerpark. It’s only a 10 minute bikeride from Dutchies Hostel.
- Mystic Garden – 16 June
- Milkshake Festival – 28 June
But we do not only have music festivals. We Dutchies love food. Nowadays there are more and more festivals that dedicated to food. Do you like festivals? And do you like food? In the beautiful Amsterdam you can find the food festivals in the following parks in Amsterdam:
- Foodtruck Festival TREK – In Amstelpark from 13-15 July
- Burgerfestival – Near Westerpark on the 18thAugust
- De Parade – In Martin Luther King park from 12thof August till 2ndof September
And last but now least do not forget the Canal Parade. The biggest event to celebrate freedom, diversity and equal rights in the Netherlands. It has a spectacular boat parade on the Canals of Amsterdam. More than 80 decorated boats with music will give you a day to remember.
We recommend to take a look on Festival Info for more information about all the festivals in the Netherlands.