What to know
COVID-19: MEASURES TO KEEP OUR GUESTS SAFE
At Dutchies Hostel, we are devoted to keeping our guests safe. With cooperation from both the guests and the staff, we can stay as safe as possible together. These are some of the measures we are taking:
- Everyone is asked to keep 1,5-meter distance apart from each other (unless they are from the same household).
- We advise guests to wear face-masks in all common areas. We have masks available for those who need them.
- We have hand-sanitizer available for everyone.
- We are now offering Private Twin Rooms with 2 beds, Private Quadruple Rooms with 4 beds, and Private Family Rooms with 6 or 8 beds.
- Surfaces, especially things like door handles, are disinfected frequently.
- Our cleaners are trained to properly disinfect the rooms.
- The receptionists work with gloves when necessary.
- There is a wall made out of plexiglass at the reception.
- After every check-in the receptionist disinfects the materials used.
- Guests are asked to disinfect their hands before a payment.
- Upon check-out, guests are asked to remove the linen from the bed and bring it to the reception. There will be a bin/bag for the linen there.
- Guests may be asked to leave the room when the cleaners are cleaning the room.
- Guests are asked to please notify a staff member if they notice any symptoms of coronavirus (cough, fever). We will ensure that the proper measures are taken to either place the guest in a private room, and/or call the hospital.
- Guests are asked to wash their hands regularly with soap, use tissues, and cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing.
Rules in the Netherlands
- Out in public, you must remain at least 1,5M from other people who are not from your household.
- You have to wear a facemask on public transport.
- Please see https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19 for updated information on the Dutch regulations surrounding coronavirus.
If you have questions or concerns about COVID-19 or the measures we are taking, please contact us! We are happy to help.
PLEASE NOTE: In Amsterdam, there is a TOURIST TAX of €3 per person per night. This is exclusive from your booking cost, and will be charged when you pay for your reservation.
The check-in starts at 14:00. You can check-in all night long, even after midnight. Check-out must be done before 11:00. If you are too early to check in or if you are already checked out, you can store your bags in our luggage room.
At Dutchies Hostel we expect our guests to treat others the way they wish to be treated; with respect and courtesy. Dutchies Hostel & staff reserve the right to refuse accommodation to anyone with regard to the safety and well-being of our guests and staff.
Underneath you will find some information about the services and facilities we offer, making, cancelling or modifying your booking and what happens when you do not show up.
If you have any other questions, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
Everything you need is available at Dutchies Hostel, including free linen, free Wi-Fi, free luggage storage, and free lockers with padlocks. Imagine a clean, safe, and beautiful place that will cater to your every need. At Dutchies Hostel we aim to please. We want to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as it can be.
At Dutchies Hostel we sell public transportation tickets, tickets for museums and several attractions. We provide free city maps. Towels can be rented for €2.50 and we have a laundry service for €5.00. Parking costs €10.00 per day.
Would you like to rent a bike? Just ask the reception, they will help you with all your questions. When renting a bike it is mandatory to leave a €50.00 deposit per bicycle. This can be paid with either cash or credit card. The prices for the bike are the following:
3 hours – €8,50
24 hours – €12,50
For every extra 24 hours – €11,50
Please note that we only rent the bicycles to guests of Dutchies Hostel.
Kitchen & lounges
At Dutchies Hostel we have one fully equipped kitchen and three lounges. Our guests can use our kitchen to make their own meals. Dutchies has an eatery, a TV room, an upstairs lounge and a terrace. We also have a bar, pool table and PS4, these can be found in one of our three lounges.
At Dutchies Hostel you can make two types of reservations: Standard bookings and Non-Refundable bookings. With both types of reservations you will need a Master Card, Visa, or American Express credit card.
When a standard booking is made, we check the validity of the credit card by doing a €0.01 pre-authorization on the provided credit card. If your card is not valid, we will ask you to update the details within 24 hours, and if it still not valid after that, the booking will be cancelled.
When a non-refundable booking is made, the provided credit card will be charged immediately with the full amount. A Non-Refundable reservation cannot be cancelled or modified. As the name clearly says, a refund is not possible for this type of booking.
After making the reservation you will receive an e-mail with your booking details (the booking confirmation). Make sure you bring this confirmation with you to Dutchies Hostel. Please note: If you do not receive this confirmation you don’t have a booking!
We make every effort to accommodate you in the dormitory size of your choice. However, because of the nature of our business, we may have to place you in a different sized dormitory. As a result the balance to be paid upon arrival can be slightly different than what is stated on your confirmation.
Cancel your booking
Cancellations have to be made at least 24 hours before 00:00 on your arrival date. You can do this through the booking channel you have used or by e-mail: email@example.com. Always send your name, reference number and check-in date with your cancellation request so the reservation can be found. After you have sent us the details, you will receive an e-mail from Dutchies Hostel that confirms your cancellation. If you do not receive this confirmation, your cancellation has not been processed.
Note: If a cancellation is made within 24 hours before your arrival date, your credit card will be charged the price of the first night of your stay per person. The whole booking will then be cancelled.
Note: If you cancel a Non-Refundable booking, you will still be charged for the full price of your stay. A refund is not possible.
Note: If a cancellation is made during the stay, you will still be charged for the upcoming two nights, and the rest of the booking will be cancelled.
Note: Cancellations that are sent/requested through our Facebook page will not be accepted.
Modify your booking
Modifications can be made for free up to 24 hours before your arrival date. You can modify your booking through the booking channel you have used. If that’s not possible, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will modify it for you and send the confirmation. If you do not receive this confirmation, your modification has not been processed.
Note: Last-minute modifications (within 24 hours before arrival) are not accepted.
Note: Modifications that are sent/requested through our Facebook page will not be accepted.
Note: Non-Refundable bookings cannot be modified.
In case of a No-show, your credit card will be charged up to the price of the first night of your stay per person. The rest of the booking will be cancelled.
Note: For Non-Refundable bookings the full amount has already been charged and can’t be refunded.
Note: Our rates are always subject to external changes in local taxes and fees.
Do you still have a question? No problem. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.